There are no rules for how best to show your harbormaster how much you appreciate their dedication and hard work, however we’ve been asked for some suggestions. Here are a few ideas – we welcome yours too!
- Follow us on social media to win some cool stuff for you and your Harbormaster!
- Pull a few members of your community together – or go yourself – and thank your harbormaster in person. You can let your local newspaper, radio, or TV know about your plans so they can stop by too! (Note: It appears that most harbormasters like edible treats!) In 2019 people baked cookies and threw dockside parties in their towns.
- Give them a shout-out on your social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) with their name, your message, and the tag #harbormasterday2020
- Take a photo of your harbormaster – or yourself holding up a sign with your harbormaster’s name and harbor – and post it here with your message to them! We’ll make sure they get it.
- Email your harbormaster — or drop off a hand-written note — saying ‘thanks for the great work’!
- If your harbormaster is already on Harbormasterday.com we’ll be opening up the comments on October 8th, so you can send them a message on their profile. If they’re not already on the site, then go ahead and add them!
You can do one or all of the above, the point is to make the effort! Here are US Harbors we are sending all the harbormasters we can find a special “thank you” package to show our appreciation for all they do for our harbors and our coastal communities.